STS Cheater Tire Q's

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: STS Cheater Tire Q's
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 05:45:01 -0600
I'm posting this to both team.net and the streettouring lists since the ST
list is in (another) debate on tires.

With the talk about Roger's Doom and Gloom Theory of tire creep and how it
will affect STS, I started thinking about history and how history repeats
itself and have one question to whoever should answer it:

Since STS is "based in sand", why did the SCCA create this class and its
ruleset with the knowledge of previous tire problems in stock class and how
did the SCCA plan to keep history from repeating itself in STS?

Surely our creators would have an answer to this.  I haven't studied too
much up on it, but weren't there a few people who got together and wanted a
street-tire category?  Maybe they didn't expect it to be a national class or
didn't know about the tire-creep?  I think some of this recent debate has
stemmed from the new Kumho Ecsta MX tire due in Spring 2002 (see ad in
Sportscar).

For those on team.net interested in our debate, I think you can access
message archives here:

Brian

--
MS region autox, Nov 17-18: http://www.angelfire.com/ms2/scca/