Re: I-70 Construction, was: Missouri state troopers

To: "Murray, Matthew D." <MDMurray@gwns.com>,
Subject: Re: I-70 Construction, was: Missouri state troopers
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:03:48 -0500
I just drove that earlier this month when I went to race at Gateway.

Our trip east was HORRIBLE. Couple of major stretches of construction (and
one accident just past an offramp that shut down the highway and had us all
(those who could get off the damn highway) running down frontage roads. Took
us an hour to get past that.

Conversely, westbound was a piece of cake. It's like all the construction
was eastbound, but instead of shuttling you over to the west side for
two-way (one lane each way) traffic, they just detoured you around the
construction on the eastbound side (often on the shoulder) and left the
westbound lanes alone. I probably went St. Louis > KC an hour and a half
quicker than KC > St. Louis

--Rocky