Missouri Roads RE: I-70 Construction,

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Missouri Roads RE: I-70 Construction,
From: "Christopher Hammond" <christoc@christoc.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:45:25 -0400
All,
I-70 through St. Louis should be avoided, 270 north would be the best bet to go
around. As far as I know they don't have any construction going on up there
(270 around the northside of st. louis).  Coming from IL on 70 if you take the
270 exit in IL and go around St. Louis you can take 370 west and merge onto 70
about 6-8 miles west of the 70-270 interchange, and avoid the congestion
getting across the bridge into St. Charles.  There was some construction on 70
a little west of the 370 interchange but last time I was out there traffic
flowed well enough.

I would also try to avoid 64/40, it has quite a bit of construction on the west
side of St. Louis, but if you hit either of these 64/40 or 70 during any time
other than rush hour you should make it through in an hour or so.

I-70 across Missouri has it's normal construction, may hit a few places with 1
lane instead of 2 but for the most part they keep traffic moving. When I get to
Topeka Saturday night I could send an email out with a better idea of the road
conditions between here and there.

If anyone needs a couch to crash on Friday night let me know, I will be
leaving around 4am Saturday morning to get to the saturday warm up.  My
apartment building has room for a trailer too if you have a long load.

Chris
www.solo2.org