Cal as race center of universe

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Cal as race center of universe
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:31:13 -0400
Mr. Chapman your prejudice against the southeastern United States drips
off your post. You obviously haven't spent much time here because you
have just trotted out every stereotype of the South in one sentence.
BRILLIANT!!! Yep, that's all we do down here is WATCH stock car racing.
Of course I have no idea where all these racers come from. I guess they
all moved here from California!!!

You have just disenfranchised the whole country east of the
California-Nevada border, of course in your view, that's fine because
there isn't anything of any value to the east of there anyway.

If the racing universe is as you say, I don't know why California drivers
bother to compete in Topeka. You guys have all the great drivers so just
run against each other and declare yourselves the champions of the
universe!!!

Ben

So, Mr. Johnson, if you're out there, you should really stop considering
moving the SCCA HQ anywhere eastward, and bring it, the Nats, the
Runoffs, and
every other important paricipant event in the SCCA universe to sunny
California...  where it's warm in the winter, you have no need to master
an
alternative American dialect, the skeeters won't carry off your cat, and
the
gators won't make your beloved rottweiler disappear.

- --- Ron Chapman