RE: FM Transmitters

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: FM Transmitters
From: "Carl C." <cc@carlc.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 20:46:19 -0400
At 02:48 PM 8/4/01 -0600, you wrote:
>From: Travis Dixon <travisd@tubas.net>
>Subject: FM Transmitters
>
>I remember a discussion a while ago about some groups using a low
>power FM transmitter as part of their site announcement system.
>
>What kind of gear are you using?

Travis, just make sure its under 100milliwatts. ANYthing under
that power is legal in the FM/AM bands. The way you get around
this is to use antenna's with extreme high gain.

I recommend you find a ham radio shop, they can usually tell you
who carries the best low end transmitters.

>Approximate cost?

Should be $100-200 for the transmitter and more for the high
gain antenna. Thats the trick, your limited to 100milliwatts
but can run any gain antenna you find. Get one that will
increase the power (3-5DB) and should work for the entire
site. Put it up high so its line of site to the cars in the
parking lot, your there!

>Thanks in advance

Your welcome.
Carl (KB4RLS - ham call sign)