Re: SCCA Credit Card

To: Steven Volpp <volpp@netdoor.com>
Subject: Re: SCCA Credit Card
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:07:18 -0500
Unfortunately, Steve, this has been going on for a long time - many
years, as a matter of fact - both by mail and by telephone.

As I understand it, what MBNA is doing is legit.  But the WAY they're
doing it is not always so.  If they call and identify themselves as
being with MBNA and then offer you an SCCA credit card, that's OK.
But, if they call and say right off the bat that they're calling "for
the SCCA," that's blatant misrepresentation.  IMHO, they should be
called on the carpet for it immediately and then reported to Denver.
I've already reported them twice - directly to Steve Johnson.

BTW, the arrangement with MBNA has nothing to do with Steve.  It was
in place long before he got there.

Oh.  And did I mention that I HATE TELEMARKETERS?!?!?!?  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman