Re: Odds of rain/wet at nationals?

To: <hottvr@birch.net>, "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Subject: Re: Odds of rain/wet at nationals?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:59:19 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: hottvr@birch.net <hottvr@birch.net>
To: Talley, Brooks <brooks@frnk.com>
Cc: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 7:51 AM

>My bet would be about an 80% chance of rain at some point. Maybe not
>during the competition though. We are talking September in east Kansas
>To have a full week in the middle of September when it didn't rain at
>some point would be unusual.

My thought exactly. Couple years ago for my class, we had first run dry,
second run wet, third run dry. Actually, it started raining midway through
first run (after I'd run), and quit after the second but didn't really get
dry until the last half of the third. So most everyone got two wet and one
dry run -- the winners were the late drivers whose dry run was their third
instead of their first.

>If I get in as much practice
> as I hope to between now and then, my Kumhos will probably be pretty
>low on tread by then

Sounds like enough reason right there for a new set, rain or no. Remember
too, Topeka is sticky/abrasive concrete. You'd hate for the cord to come up
midway through your first-day runs. New tires for Nationals is not a bad
strategy.

--Rocky Entriken