Re: Big Brother, the original question

To: "Tharpe, Joe (RyTull Coil)" <JoeT@ryersoncoil.com>,
Subject: Re: Big Brother, the original question
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:07:53 -0500
Actually, no. They only have to prove that AFTER you sue them, which happens
AFTER they have refused/voided your warranty. They need nothing other than
what they THINK might have happened or might be going to happen to take some
action wholly to their benefit and to your detriment. They own the football.
They need prove nothing, only allege it, to act on their own paranoia. Proof
only needs to happen in a courtroom, not at the service desk. Unfounded
allegations and unwarranted suspicion are quite sufficient for some
corporate entity to take some action in fear that something MIGHT (however
unlikely) be happening that could cost them money.

It's what I call arrogant stupidity. Plain ignorance can be fought with good
information. Arrogant stupidity is when they don't care about any
information that is contrary to their position, even when the position is so
obviously wrong to anyone who knows what they are talking about.

--Rocky