Re: Audi Does it Again.

To: Stefanv@aol.com, jac73@daimlerchrysler.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Audi Does it Again.
From: "scott correa" <spektr99@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:31:52 -0700
The thing you have to remember is that it is a good thing to run the engine
as rich as possible without costing you a full lap of fuel window.  It makes
no sense whatsoever to have a lean mixture in the car unless you can get an
additional FULL LAP out of the bag of fuel.
Le Mans is 8 miles or so a lap, you need to lean the hell out of it to pick
up a complete lap and extend the fuel window.  If the refueling window is
the same, the only downside to running fat is the small amount of extra time
the refueling rig is attached.  Most times, fuel isn't the speed limiting
event in the stop.  Tires, Brakes, drivers all seem to take longer.

Just a few thoughts on tactics.....

Scott Correa