Re: HANS in slo-motion comparison

To: "Team.net Autocross List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HANS in slo-motion comparison
From: "Mike Smith" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:41:26 -0500
I gotta better idea, let's see a real-time comparison of a stock-car driver
getting out of the car with, and without, the current HANS design in place.
If there's a significant difference, there's a significant problem.

I think F1 and CART cars would be a tad bit easier to get out of if the car
is on fire.

I still think HANS-type functionality is desired, just not that particular
design. It wasn't meant for use in sedans where you have to climb through
the window to get out.

Mike