RE: WRX

To: "'team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WRX
From: "Ayer, John K" <John.Ayer@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:38:38 -0800
As I understand it, all of the normal options for the WRX are "Port Installed
Options".  The cars are built only one way in Japan,  once they hit the docks
things are added on at that Subaru Of America distribution point.
I do not know how that fits in with our Stock rule against any "dealer
installed, no matter how common". But we will find out won't we :)
There aren't many "functional" options anyway, the short shifter is the only
one that comes to mind that should cause any concern.  The 17x7 BBS wheels are
$3038 a set, NOT including tires, so you shouldn't see any of those...
See all  the details at www.new-impreza.com.
(Any one who wants to protest the rear differential protector plate can just
jump onto my list of Candy-Assed Wussies, right now.)
The rest are upgraded audio and security systems, the rear wing, carbon fiber
trim, etc.
All the Subaru Performance brand components are sold pretty much as-is, no
warranty, you can put it the car if you want-we won't...

Kimball Ayer
MY2K2 WRX 4ME2