Re: The Red Mud is Back!!

To: Jan Schmidt <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Subject: Re: The Red Mud is Back!!
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:11:12 -0600
That was my first thought, too, Bill.  I know that "I" didn't mix
them, but it's entirely possible that somebody at the XPress Lube
place did.  However, in checking back over my records, none of my
service logs show that they ever added coolant except for the time
that they flushed it to get rid of the mud.

BUT, now that I've had some time to think about it (and remembering
what somebody else said the last time this happened) it would appear
that there's air getting into the system.  Or, more appropriately,
coolant getting out.  Both times, the coolant level has been down
about three inches in the radiator and the mud was built up in the air
space at the top - especially around the filler neck.  I have no signs
of any visible coolant leaks, so now I'm thinking that it may be
something as simple as the radiator pressure cap.  I'm going to pick
up a new one tomorrow, just for the halibut, and see what happens
after that.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman