Looking For Oil Quick Change Plug......

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking For Oil Quick Change Plug......
From: Ron Dillman <rdillman@cat2.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:16:33 -0600
I had on my Mustang (now traded away) a stainless steel plug that replaced
the oil pan drain plug. This was sold as a racing part, but was a great
idea for any application. The bushing screwed into the pan just like a
drain plug, but the center was a bayonet type magnetic plug that closed off
when removed (aircraft style). With just a flat screw driver you could
remove the plug, check for large steel objects, then a second tubular
bayonet fitting attached to a drain hose was used to drain the oil. The
body remained untouched.

Does anyone know who manufactures this item ? What is the name it goes
under, where can you find them ?

Thanks.