Not time for a new logo... Time for a new LOOK :)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Not time for a new logo... Time for a new LOOK :)
From: robert.lloyd@att.net
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:27:33 +0000
having a logo of that
>>    period.
>
>  Actually, in 1944, in Westport, CT.
>
>>    But hey, I'm a curmudgeon-in-training. I never
thought I would never grow
>>    too old to like to listen to modern music and
along came rap to prove me
>>    wrong.
>
>  In training?? I thought you were an instructor. :^)
>
>>    Paul Foster
>>
>Matt Murray
>Westport, CT  :^)

( I can't believe I am sticking my two cents in, please
forgive me if I offend! )

I deal with branding (logos) as part of my job.
Branding is one of the most important marketing
principles for a company or organization.  Having a
recognizable brand speaks volumes for a company's image.
(ie. Coke, Cambell's Soup, Mercedes)
We all know exactly who the SCCA is and readily
recognize the promary logo... simple text, red in
color.  This meets as many of the recognizable standards
that I can possibly discuss.  The ALTERNATIVE logos,
like the wire wheel logo, are like the Marine Corp logo
simply by coincidence, but even that version of the
Marine Corp logo is not the "official" logo.  So what?
I am saying that the SCCA logo is an excellent logo and
that if we are interesting in promoting change, then we
should probably try initiating a change in marketing
strategies.  The look and feel of the web site for
instance, www.scca.org , could be massively improved
both in terms of design and function.  The simple red
letter logo could and should play the most prominant
role in a new design.  The secondary stuff is historic
in nature and does not bear the responsibility of
representing the organization like the primary logo
should and does.

Robert Lloyd
Texas Region