Lots of different stuff

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lots of different stuff
From: "Daniel Salive" <trek1701@mnsi.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:15:58 -0500
Hi.  I've got a couple of questions, that I'm hoping some of you might be able
to help me on.

1. I just bought my first car.  A 1983 Mazda RX-7.  It needs to be towed to
where I am (temp permits are expensive as heck, I'm not going that route).
Its about 20 KM away from here.  I've got a tow bar.  My parents car is a 1991
Mercury Tempo LX (2.3L, 110 HP?, Auto trans, 210,000 KM) and I'm wondering if
it would be capable of towing the RX-7 home, as the RX-7 clearly exceeds the
maximum towing weight (it weighs about 2200 lbs, I'm guessing, and the max tow
weight is 1000 lbs).

2. Tires.  The Mazda has tires with tons of tread (almost full), but due to it
not being driven much, they are rock hard.  Is there any way to soften them
up?

3.   Does anyone know where I can find some info on autocrossing in southern
Ontario (or southern Michigan/northern Ohio/eastern Indiana), as thats where I
live and I haven't seen much.

Thanks,

Daniel Salive
1983 Mazda RX-7