'82 Audi Quattro Coupe FS

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: '82 Audi Quattro Coupe FS
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:23:46 -0600
No, it's not me that is selling it but if you're interested I can send
contact info privately.

Yes, it really is an '82 Quattro Coupe.  A pre'production "press" model.
This car has history.  Apparently, or so the story goes, Audi made 2 of
these pre-production cars for "press" usage prior to their introduction to
the Trans Am racing series in 1983.  A red one and this gold/bronze one. The
red one was promptly wrecked by some idiot magazine driver who thought he
could drive and this gold one was given to my guy as sort of his "gold
watch" for retiring fromworking for the Trans Am series.

Gold (or bronze, I dunno), not a mark on the bodywork, anywhere, except for
very small (nickle sized) dimple on hood and slight ripple to front plastic
bumper cover. NO rust.  Body colored multi spoke alloy wheels.  No orange
peel in the paint.  Power tilt/sliding moon roof.

26,4xx original miles, 2.2 liter 5 cylinder turbo engine tuned by ABT (about
300hp I'm told).

Bad parts: This car was last registered for street use in 1991 and has been
sitting in a non climate controlled garage ever since. The leather interior
smells REAL musty but I'd bet that a real good airing-out and a bit of Lysol
would cure this.  It will need the usual stuff for a car that's been sitting
for 10 years.  Drain gas tank, all new fluids, new hoses, belts, etc, and I
hear that the master cylinder should be the first item to get new seals.
Something about this particular one that eats seals?

I almost creamed my shorts when I saw "$1595 firm" written on the window.  I
debated for about 1.3 seconds whether or not to spend the $2K to get my
Neon's Konis rebuilt for STS or buy this car.  I was on my way out to my car
to get my check book.  It was at this point, while I was drooling something
terribly with anticipation (hey, you never know.  I'm always hearing of some
guy who finds a total automotive treasure holed up in some little old lady's
barn and buys it for real cheap), that my hopes were shattered when someone
told me that the price written on the window was done so as a joke by
friends of the seller.

I heard rumors that $10K might take it home but I don't really know as the
owner was pretty evasive about nailing down a sale figure.

This car is BEAUTIFUL!!!!  It's too good looking to "mess with" and turn
into a race car.  This is nearly a concours vehicle.

Let me know if you're interested and I will get you the contact info.  It's
located here in Kansas City and is currently stored in underground caves.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T  (4 door)
<eric10mm@qni.com>