RE: Disclaimer: Underwire Bras

To: "'Mark J. Andy'" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: Disclaimer: Underwire Bras
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:19:44 -0800
Mark J. Andy writes...

>(In fact, if you really wanna get autox on tv, say it with >me now...
"Stripper Autocross!" :-)

I thoroughly disagree, and now I will tell you why.

A) It has already been established that 90% of autocrossers are men.

B) Probably only 3% of the aforementioned 90% are men I'D ever want to see
strip, possibly less, though I can't speak for all the women (all 34 of us).

C) Look at all the sports you see on television now. The most popular sports
are those where the athletes wear a LOT of clothing. Take football, for
example. They have cute behinds, YES, but that's about all you can see.
Baseball, same thing. Racecar drivers wear these full bodied, fire retardent
Nomex racing suits, yet many of the male participants are regarded as sex
symbols. It creates mystery, intrigue, a fantasy of the "unknown."

And now, finally, world class swimming is getting into the act with the
introduction of the new full bodied sharksuit.

If autocrossers want to get on tv, they're going to have to just face
reality: put some clothes on.

You can tell when I have a harsh deadline looming over my head when I start
writing to team.net.

Katie Kelly