Re: In car Autox Video question

To: <pethier@isd.net>, "CJ at Pylon" <pylon@pylon.cc>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: In car Autox Video question
From: "JCGZ3" <JCGZ3@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 00:17:34 -0800
> >What is the best way to mount a camera in a car?
>
> Mini-camera taped to the side of your helmet....

This actually doesn't work very well.  While the idea is good at letting you
"see ahead" as Phil mentioned, the reality is the footage is almost
unmatchable due to head movement.  You be surprised just how much your head
moves, even just walking around.  Been there, almost gotten sick watching it
;-).  I've tried the "helmet cam" racing, bicycling, snowboarding and
skiing, and it's real tricky to get decent footage.

Stick to a firm mount with something that connects to the top of the camera
also, to eliminate high frequency giggle.
---JCG