Re: CarParts.com, I hope this clears things up.

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CarParts.com, I hope this clears things up.
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:08:55 -0500
Interesting. As I've thought about this, I had two spins.

One, call his boss. I did.  Idiscussed pulling names from sites without
authorization is a Bad Thing. Cordial treatment, they would discuss it with
him (Arin).

Two, Marketing Opportunity! "Carparts.com Pro Solo Challenge" or fill in
whatever Solo II related competition. They make amends. They get a new and
effective marketing outlet. We get new sponsorship, and maybe a break on
parts prices (okay, maybe not my Porsche). :^)  Win, win?

For those tuning in late, Carparts pulled email domains/addresses from SCCA
Regional web sites and then sent an email offering a discount by purchasing
through Carparts.com. Net-etiquette wise a little wrong. BUT, I see an
opportunity(s).

Matt Murray
Westport, CT
mattm@optonline.net

For the ultimate Rally book and information,
go to http://www.goss.com/rally.htm
and type in "MU01" for a ten percent discount.