Re: Pro timing system

To: strano@stranoparts.com, autox@autox.team.net, DuncanSCCA@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Pro timing system
From: Ajstratton@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:08:49 EST
Ok folks, I'm confused..
  Does this new timing system mean I can launch whenever I feel like it??
Can I still red light??  I don't have to rush to stage?  If so, where is the
motivation to risk a red light?  Can I back up after the light turns green
and get a longer run?
  I agree with Sam, (I think),  the real race  is in class competition.  Here
each driver puts forth his best effort to WIN the class.  All variables apply
pretty evenly across a class and throughout a heat.
   Reaching the Challenge, for anyone other than class winners is a crap
shoot, and due to things like PAX, breakouts, cold vs warm tires, and so on;
"Luck" becomes the predominant variable to challenge sucess.  The Challenge
is practically a separate event, I have always considered them bonus rounds.
  I'm glad we are getting a new system.  One that gives all sorts of new
information,  but I don't see any reason to change the way we time normal
class competition runs.  I hope I'm not just being resistant to change..
Alan