Re: (1/2 in) socket adapter for drill

To: mtracy@arrl.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (1/2 in) socket adapter for drill
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:21:38 -0600
I found a set of all three (1/2,3/8,1/4) socket adapters at my local
import tool place for just a few bucks (not much more than $5). Thy're
not fancy and probably don't meet snap-on or craftsman standards for
strength, but sockets fit fine and a portable elctric drill can't
generate much torque anyway. They also have the notches in the hex shank
to work in the quik-loc bit holders. Look around your locale for an
independent import tool place or harbor freight tools has equivalent
specimens.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=42191

Dave Yeung
Houston Region

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:39:49 -0500 "Tracy, Michael,  KC1SX"
<mtracy@arrl.org> writes:
>Anyone know of a source for one of these in half-inch size?  Tessco
>doesn't
>have them this big.
>
>Thanks!
>
>--Michael Tracy