Re: Cleaning Seat Belts

To: "BILLINGS,MIKE (HP-Boise,ex1)" <mike_billings@hp.com>,
Subject: Re: Cleaning Seat Belts
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:56:54 -0600
Just got my new harness in from Simpson today, which came with "Care &
Maintenance" instructions.

Under "Restraint Systems/Window Nets":

  "Clean with a mild detergent and damp cloth. DO NOT USE chemicals or
solvents. Allow to air dry completely.
  "(paragraph on checking for wear)
  "Keep webbing and hardware free of exposure to chemicals, moisture,
weather, or conditions that could damage or compromise the strength of the
system."

I think I'd satisfy myself that being soaked in one petroleum product does
not compromise the strength of something made of another petroleum product.
I suspect, probably not in this case.

--Rocky