Re: Ah, "Pro"-Solo again

To: Mike Shields <mshields@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Ah, "Pro"-Solo again
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:05:53 -0600
Mike Shields wrote:

> General question refuting this: Ever watched skiing?? Hell they have to
> add the times of the two different runs from morning and afternoon.
> About the only guess you get is the little clock down at the bottom
> which gives you the current leaders time and the current skiiers time so
> far.

Sorry that this is just left of being totally on subject, but this made
me think of something fairly simple.  (Probably has been hashed through
before)  Why can't we have a timing board just above the current timer
that displays the current fast time for the class/ side?  IMHO, this
would add such an obvious element of drama to the casual observer. I
don't mean just "outsiders"  If you aren't following everything all the
time, you don't really know how things are going.  Being able to glance
up at any time and compare the last run with the fast time of the class
tells a whole story quickly.  It could be set up so the timer operator
needs only to enter a class, and the current fast times appear.

Obvious things like hardware costs and such things aside, how hard would
this be to do technically?

Pat