Re: ProSolo

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ProSolo
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 15:33:40 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Dennis Hale wrote:
> I have the original flier that says "make your stock class car pay for
> itself". I fear it has not quite lived up to that promise, but it
> remains a stock class game. This is neither good nor bad but is a very
> limited market. I know John Thomas has won, but then that is John
> Thomas....not the format coming around. This is just not very exciting
> stuff to sell magazines with maybe.

?  I've heard these same opinions from numerous CP drivers and still don't
understand them.  Apparently back in the day Pros used an index to qualify
people for the challenge or something.  That doesn't happen now.  Now, the
class winners make the challenge, with the rest of the spots figured out
using some psycho statistically "how close you were to the winner of your
class" mumbo-jumbo.  I'm not sure with the ladies classes if they're
indexed (I think so) or based on the open class results (last year and the
year before?).

Anyway, I fail to see how prepared & modified cars are at a disadvantage.
If anything, I'd think they'd be better, as you could do stuff like 2
stage rev-controllers to help launch, etc.

Mark
(Self-appointed ProSolo pusher to CP)