Re: Magnetic awareds (was: Solo Entry Fees)

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, <bfuhrman@isd.net>, <Loren@kscable.com>,
Subject: Re: Magnetic awareds (was: Solo Entry Fees)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 02:24:51 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Hottvr@aol.com <Hottvr@aol.com>

>I must have missed something here? You give out some kind of an award at
every
>event???
>
>Mike B.

Yes, we do, Mike. Well, not *every* event. Only the "regular" Regional
events.

Special events have their own award structure -- Divisionals, for example,
have their own awards, and Mirror Khana has its own separate award (also
given at year-end).

But if you come up for one of our basic Sunday autocrosses, and score a
trophy finish, you will get one of our pylons. And if you can't stay, we'll
mail it to you (of course, then the doofus Solo Chair gets preoccupied,
maybe he doesn't get them mailed right away, but eventually).

Since our events have a high ratio of guest entrants (members of other
Regions, or non-members), I also use that mailing to include a schedule of
upcoming events and invite the winner to return.

--Rocky Entriken
  (the doofus Solo Chair)