RE: Solo Entry Fees

To: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>,
Subject: RE: Solo Entry Fees
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 08:30:50 -0600
> from our trophy medallions to screen-printed trophy magnets.
> (very cool, in the
> shape of our region logo, everyone loves them... especially the
> ones with the
> big "1" on them)  This cut our event trophy costs in half, plus made the
> trophies more visible.

Interesting idea.  Do you preprint the classes or events on them?  If not,
how do you add that information?

Unfortunately, I couldn't display them on my plastic car.  Even more
unfortunately, my driving would prevent me from having them.

> Back to entry fees:  We could actually get by without raising
> fees, but we could
> put on a much better event and have a much brighter future with a
> little more
> funding.  Not being able to afford to properly repair our
> equipment or replace
> our 15 to 20-year-old radios (most of which don't last more than
> 2 hours) is
> getting old.

Not being able to replace/repair equipment is not "getting by".  It is just
living a slow death.

Eventually events will suffer because of problems.  At that time, people
will not want to pay more for a problem event and you will need to raise the
fees a lot more because equipment will need to be purchased on short notice.

Many "nonprofit" clubs seem to have a psychological block against having
some money in the bank to cover non-event expenses and to provide a buffer
between expenses and income times.