Re: The Tao of SM Inclusion/Exclusion

Subject: Re: The Tao of SM Inclusion/Exclusion
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:13:08 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> - Age rule (no cars older than X) some regions have guys running older
> musclecars, why cut them out of the loop? They aren't the problem. The
> problem is small size and light weight coupled to RWD/AWD.

I agree, but I think given the rest of the points you made (particularly
with the exclusive dominant cars) you save yourself a lot of annoyance by
just saying car models older than (say) '85 aren't allowed.  I'd pick a
cutoff date mostly based on when Civics were available I think.

Guys running older musclecars are uncompetitive in any class (except maybe
CP).  They can run wherever.

MHO as an outsider.  An inclusion list potentially is even better, but
will require much more effort to maintain.

Mark