Re: Street Mod exclusions

To: "kent rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Mod exclusions
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 13:43:23 -0600
Kent Rafferty wrote:

> In broad terms, SM is a
>  "street car" class

It's good to see you're including the quotes in the above.
They're quite appropriate. SM more open than Prepared in many
ways, but with interiors.

> where (almost) anything goes.
> Turbos,

Yep. And BOVs, and whatever. So far, the SM rules don't even
prohibit putting dry ice on your intercooler. Are you guys gonna
try to fix that, or is it OK with you?

> superchargers, engine swaps,

Not only engine swaps, but no restrictions on what you do inside
the engine. Prepared ++.

> differential
> and tranny swaps,

And custom-cut gears. You can build a car with a 1000 rpm wide
power band and put three or four gears in your 'box that are
close enough together to keep you there all the way around a Solo
II course. Try driving that one home.  =8<0

> Even
> the basic premise of the class is expen$ive :-)

I claim it's gonna be lots more expensive than most of the
proponents of the class have ever imagined.

> Not only will SM survive, it'll thrive.

Time will tell.

> Quite a few new
> SM cars are being built as we speak.

But is the turbo Justy gonna be allowed? That's what I really
wanna know.  ;<)

Jay