Re: STS Tire Rules

To: "Roger Johnson" <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>,
Subject: Re: STS Tire Rules
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:55:39 -0500
>(Breaking my silence on this issue because of mis-representation)
>
>Steve, you did NOT hear me talking about ECU's in any Topeka
>town meeting.  There are two RJ's in the sport, however I doubt
>it was the TX version addressing this issue either.  ECU
>enforcement is FAR easier than policing tires.
============================
Someone else brought it up at the town hall meeting and Steve Hoelscher said
basically that he could rewrite any Neon ECU with a power adding program and
it could not ever be detected by anybody in the protest shed or at a
dealership service bay.  You could see the car going faster but could not
"prove" why it was so.

(I pulled Mr. Hoelscher aside after that and inquired about the going rate
for an ECU rewrite, but that's another story entirely.  ;^)

Eric (got a big mouth, and tasty Nikes too) Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full,
and scratch where it itches."
The Duchess of Windsor when asked
what is the secret of a long and happy life