Re: Evolution Performance Driving School site?

To: rocky@tri.net, TeamZ3@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Evolution Performance Driving School site?
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:43:21 GMT
"Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net> wrote:

>Illustrating why it was stupid to make Jean feel
>so unwelcome she had to go off and do her thing
>somewhere else. !

Believe me, Rocky, Jean wasn't the only person on
Team.Net that felt unwelcome.  There's over 150
people on the new list right now.  Many of them
are the people that you and I *want* to hear from, and
they're not afraid to post over there like they
were on Team.Net.  I've heard *excellent* explanations
of various political/rules/points issues just in
the past few days.  Novices have been posting questions
without fear of being mocked.  The Monday night
"Paddock Talk" chat thing went so well on the first week
that we're even looking to bring in guest "speakers"
starting in November.  It's amazing to see a list
that's only a few weeks old mature into a useful
resource so quickly.

Why is it working out so good???  Believe it or not,
it's real simple.  Everyone is told that they are
sitting at a table, face-to-face.  When somebody
says something that's disrespectful of the others
at the table, they get "nudged" in private e-mail.
Apologies follow for the "team.netish" comment.  The
new list is like a casual restaurant, with a good wine
list.  Team.Net is like a junior high school cafeteria,
with kids slinging spoons of mashed potatoes at each
other.

I still don't think that it's too late to save Team.Net,
but it will require wholesale reform by many people.
It's truly sad that a forum that's done so many good
things in the past, like DTN, has eroded so badly
that people of consequence don't want to participate
here any more.....

-Arthur ("Put down the mashed potatoes" edition.)