Re: The Cage Issue, or How Many Cars Do I Need to Have?!?

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Cage Issue, or How Many Cars Do I Need to Have?!?
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:03:41 -0400
Dave Wihitworth responds:

<<<If you want to run in all these series, and feel the need to have the
most
competitive equipment available, then you better start building cars.>>>

Where the heck did you get that idea? My email CLEARLY stated this is a
grassroots issue, not an issue of trying to emulate SBW. I just don't
want to be cast into EM.

<<<If solo allowed suspension changes in stock, then how do you police
it?  Who
decides what is a "reliability" problem?  The rule book could easily
exceed
1000 pages with an exemption for every car.>>>

I can only think of a handful. Neon motor mounts and 911 chain
tensioners immediately pop into my head. And who do you think "polices"
it? That would be the SEB. In my case the solution is replacing
lightweight aluminum control arms with heavy steel ones. I really don't
see the issue.

Paul Foster