Re: Bushings and struts

To: "Chuck Mathews" <lesser_of2evils@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bushings and struts
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:03:27 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Chuck Mathews <lesser_of2evils@hotmail.com>

> I am driving a '92 Honda Civic LX 4DR and racing in ES. I was wondering
what
> the current rules have to say about replacing the bushings on the front
end.
> I would like to change to urethane if allowed (want to stay stock).

Per 13.5 and 13.6, you may only change the shock absorber and sway-bar
bushings -- the suspension bushings must remain stock.

I can't speak directly to racing Civics, but Civic and Prelude suspensions
aren't that different (until 2001, at least).  Koni Sports have worked very
well on my car -- even on an otherwise stock suspension, I was able to
tinker with the handling a bit by adjusting the rebound rate.  The Konis are
rebuildable, and just about any of the larger Civic bulletin boards have
want ads.  If you're looking for new, SF Motorsports (336-996-4080) had
pretty good prices, and they're partially owned by a long-time supporter of
the sport.

Or ask me again in another year when I replace the shocks on my wife's
Civic....

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing