Re: The HP nationals trend

To: bthatch@juno.com, solo2atlanta@topica.com, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: The HP nationals trend
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 20:48:28 EDT
Ben,

I see two reasons why you are noticing the trend to big torque/HP cars.
First, the C-4 Corvettes can now be had at or below $10K for a really
competent car. The Datsun Z's, the RX-7's and the Nissan 300's are also
coming down in price. What was a near exotic ten years ago, is now about the
same price as an econobox. Which would you rather race?

Second. Go try and put down a "TECHNICAL" course sometime and prepare to
leave town before the competitors find the tar and feathers.

The big, fast, "God I was deep into third gear" courses have become so
accepted as the norm that our car selection has moved to the big cars that
can use all that horespower even in the slaloms.  The larger Solo II courses
are now probably faster than the Solo I courses were ten years ago.  Is this
still really an autocross?

Larry Steckel

http://profiles.msn.com.