RE: suspension bushings in ST...

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: suspension bushings in ST...
From: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:44:39 -0500
> Behalf Of Ghsharp@aol.com

> elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org writes:
>
> > That's exactly why I originally referred to the non-allowance of
> > aftermarket suspension busings in STS as an oversight.  In an otherwise
> > "bolt-on" class, why wouldn't one allow aftermarket suspension bushings?

> Ghsharp@aol.com replied:

> There was a fair amount of member/competitor input when these
> rules were formulated, and we haven't seen a groundswell of interest in
> changing them in this area so far.  But if you'd like to suggest a change,
> you can write a letter or send an e-mail through the SCCA website.

Wow! This does appear to be an oversight. I just assumed it was legal given
the nature of the class. I hadn't checked because I hadn't planned on doing
it myself. But I know several local ST competitors that have. I'm not going
to protest them because it seems so natural for the class.

I'll get that letter off today.

On a somewhat related note: Peter Egan's column in Road & Track this month
is a really excellent editorial against those who cheat in racing. Well
worth the read (unless you cheat, then you might be offended.)

Eric Buckley
7 STR: 98 Integra GS/R