Re: AWD cars at ProSolos

To: speedyj73@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: AWD cars at ProSolos
From: Snapspinnr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:42:51 EDT
Speaking from the experience of trying to run down those 4WD DSM's at
Petersburg this weekend I know what you mean. I did finish in 4th place and
was the top FWD finisher in my Type R. I got to line up against John McIver
on Saturday afternoon and all I can say is I got 4 real good long looks at
the rear bumper of his car.

I think there may be an alternate solution to this problem of the inequity
between FWD and 4WD cars launch capability . My idea would be to change the
course design philosphy a little. Every Pro-solo I have ever attended has had
a long drag strip at the start. Every once in a while a course with a sharp
turn or a slalom close to the start would help even things out.

Shawn

ps I have to agree John McIver did seem like a very nice guy.