Re: Uh oh, M3s in ESP... again! (was: Re: more peru musings)

To: autocross list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Uh oh, M3s in ESP... again! (was: Re: more peru musings)
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:25:16 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Kent Rafferty wrote:
> In 3 Pro Solos:
> E/SP
>     San Bern.        M3s take 1st & 2nd
>     Lemore            M3s take 1st & 2nd
>     Peru                  M3  takes 1st
>     Ave. margin of victory vs. nearest non-m3: 1.5 seconds.
> L2
>     San Bern        M3 takes 1st and Challenge win
>     Lemore           M3 takes 1st and Challenge win
>     Peru                M3 takes 1st and Challenge win

Everyone keeps talking about the M3 getting re-classed outta ESP after the
end of the year...  I thought that it was only provisionally classed in
ESP to begin with?  Why can't it be moved now?

Sure, its hard on the Tunnells, but it looks to me like _not_ doing it is
pretty damn hard on the Pony car folks.  Certainly to reclass now would
give the SCCA back a bit of credibility in the minds of the pony car guys
I've talked to.

Mark