Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?

To: Brian Weikert <gunther@magetower.com>
Subject: Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 18:19:24 -0600
Brian Weikert wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> 1st - Someone mentioned K&N filters take a car out of Stock - True/False?
> If so, I ran in the wrong class, never occured to me that an air filter
> would affect the class I run in.

This is an issue that catches a lot of people off guard, Brian.
That's because it can be accomplished in two ways.  If you just remove
your factory air cleaner element and replace it with an identical K&N
element, you're still in Stock.  You don't even have to run a filter
element in Stock as long as the factory box is still in place.
However, if you remove the factory box and replace it with a K&N cool
air intake or something like that, THEN you're out of Stock!

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman