Racing harnesses

To: <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing harnesses
From: "Craig Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:41:54 -0500
There is another solution to the "stay in the seat" problem besides abusing
your existing seat belt or installing a full race harness--the Turner belt.
I don't know where the name came from, but it is a belt that wraps around
the back of the seat and buckles on your chest. It will keep you from
tossing to and fro in hard corners. Of course, it does not prevent sliding
up or down in the seat like a full harness would, but for autocross and
track lapping events it is perfect for keeping me upright without bracing my
knee on the door or on the transmission tunnel.
I ordered mine from Simpson. It is just a belt about three feet long with a
big harness-type buckle on each end. You run it behind the seat, adjust it
tight as heck, and buckle it across your chest. When not in use I just let
mine lay behind the seat where it falls when I unbuckle it after a run.