Re: Aftermarket warranties

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aftermarket warranties
From: Judy Becker <judyb@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:35:45 -0700
Hi Jeff
just a note to share recent experience of my Mom.
Her car died, she had it towed to a local Oldsmobile dealer.
They told her $450- to fix-replace battery & alternator. As she knows
nothing about cars, she had the work done.

Supposedly she had 2yrs. left on orginal car warranty(car bought from
rental agency). She then bought what she thought was a full 3 yr. warranty
that would cover all she'd need.

She checked with Pep Boys & few other places & was given lower replacement
prices.

She told service manager she thought she was getting ripped off price
wise-comeback-it's an original part replacement.
Her first coverage expired 2 months ago so didn't apply. Her 2nd warranty
had a $250- deductible, did not cover replaced battery & alternator and labor.

Needless to say when she first bought the car she figured she was done
pouring money into a car.

I encouraged her to contact Oldsmobile headquarters, she did, explained
what had happened & said she wanted to file a complaint. Said form is in
mail to her.
I guess the point her is to make sure just exactly what type of coverage
you get, are there any deductibles. Scrutinize the contract.

Good luck on finding warranty company.

Judy in San Diego    {:>}