Re: Yokohama A008R tire--what is it?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yokohama A008R tire--what is it?
From: "andredowney" <andredowney@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:46:11 -0400
... and don't (?) forget the Goodyear Wingfoot an almost R rated tire.

I recall hearing of a Goodyear tire tech saying (mid 80's), "we could make a
F1 Rain Tire DOT approved". Shortly there after BFG and Yokohama took up the
challenge.

Andre Downey
AX Tires:
C/S, 73 Capri V6  - Phoenix Stahflex A3011 (I think)
D/S & E/S, 83 VW GTI - Pirelli P6, Original BFG R1 (~'85), Yokohama A008,
A008R, A008RS, A008TU, A008RS2
E/S, 91 VW GTI - A008RS2, Hoosier Radial (1st gen), BFG R1, G-Force

Favorite Street Tire: Yokohama AVS Intermediates

If AX does anything, commercially - it sells tires! The AVS selection was a
direct result of AXing on Yokohama tires, at the time and I have recommended
them to xxx others.