Re: Yokohama A008R tire--what is it?

To: "Craig Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>,
Subject: Re: Yokohama A008R tire--what is it?
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:03:43 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Craig Daugherty <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>

> I found a stack of Yoko A008R tires in a local tire store on sale and in
my
> size. They are not the RS track tire, nor the RS II autocross tire--just
> labeled A0089. [A008R?]

Before the A008RSII...before the A008RS...there was the A008R.  If I
remember correctly, this was one of the first (if not *the* first)
R-comppund street tires, using the same tread as the "street compound" A008
before it.  I don't remember when Yokohama stopped production, but these
have probably been sitting in a back room for a few years.  I guess if
they've been properly stored, though, they're still OK.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr