Re: To inertupt the normal banter, Driving???

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To inertupt the normal banter, Driving???
From: bruce haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:19:20 -0700
At 06:37 PM 7/26/99 GMT, Jeff Lloyd wrote:
>Ok Well after finally getting the car set up the way I wanted it, I went out
>to an event expected to kick some butt, and I was SLOWER then before, that's
>right brake shoes, shocks,*special* tires. all for naught.   I was faster
>with the car in stock form, is this just me needing to get used to the new
>setup?

You arn't the first and won't be the last driver this has happened to!!
Based on your last sentence, and your description of the car as "stiffer"
it's a lot easier to upset a stiff car than a soft one. More practice is
the best thing you can do, but I might suggest you have one of the fast
drivers you mentioned drive your car (not just ride with you) and see
what they think of the set-up. Maybe it's not all your fault.