FAQ: Re: Which 1.6L Miata to buy??

To: bimmer@nova.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: FAQ: Re: Which 1.6L Miata to buy??
From: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:15:34 EDT
There has been a lot of discussion off line, I have been bombarded with at
least 20 emails since the July Fastrack.  Check www.miata.net for some
additional information

Q: Which year is the best year
A. IMO, the 1992 is the best year to have.  It has the one rear chassis brace
that the 90-91 does not have and the 93 has the slightly heavier doors with
the one door beam added and the slighty taller springs (same rate just taller
free length). The 92-93 chassis brace help hold the rear alignment.  Second
option is the 90-91 base model (with the "sport" crank), some like the "5th
spring" of the 90-91 car without the brace.

Q: Is it better to get a base model or a 1992/93 LE with the 6" wheels?