Re: 104db Sound level S**ks!

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 104db Sound level S**ks!
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:26:07 -0400
>Charlie, were those sound readings an average throughout the course of the
>race or a one-time take? It does seem very odd that there was such a jump
>in sound levels. Was it possible that the microphone was placed at an area
>in which the FA car's were shifting gear? Were two cars side-by-side when
>that high reading was taking place?

I have worked SCCA sound control before.  I was taught to never take
readings unless the car was in the clear.  The reading was probably a one
time reading.

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki

Please visit my website at http://www.customline.com/ride99 and take a
moment to help me do something to change the world.