Re: Prelude placement

To: "Marc" <indyspat@flash.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prelude placement
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:54:02 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Marc <indyspat@flash.net>

> Why are 97-up vtec ludes in CSP?  I was just looking at some results and
> was wondering why since they are way overpowered compared to my regions
> csp anyway.

Way heavier than most CSP cars, too -- look at a broad cross-section of CSP
results and you'll find lots of "low-power," lightweight CRXs, RX-3s,
Miatas, RX-7s....  In fact, I could only find two cars with more than two
seats among the national CSP champs listed in the back of the rule book --
and those were an RX-3 and a Civic!

> Are they looking into changing this?

As I interpret the SP proposal currently under evaluation, the heavier CSP
cars would form the backbone of the new DSP.  Which won't change much for
Eclipses relative to Preludes -- they'll move together.

Now this *is* the first I've heard of anyone campaigning a 5th-gen Prelude
in SP...got any details (send 'em private -- no point in boring everyone
with this)?

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing