Re: Tire rubbing on F-body wheel well

To: "Sean Long" <seanlong@micron.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire rubbing on F-body wheel well
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:40:43 -0700 (MST)
At 7:26 PM 7/22/99, Sean Long wrote:
>I have a '98 Firebird TA, and it came with the all-season tires 245/50ZR16.
>I recently got some '9x camaro takeoff rims with BFG R1's sized 255/50ZR16.
>After my first race with these tires (They worked very nicely btw), I
>noticed that a little spot in both rear wheel wells had the undercoating
>rubbed off down to the shiny metal.

normal, this is a bulge that has been "clarified" by several fstock drivers
when running the 255's (the "correct" size for autox, IMHO)

the rubbing will not hurt anything.

I understand that more than one person noticed the rubbing "went away"
after they took their car to a service garage and complained of the rubbing
(the bare spot is the bulls eye for the Crafstman 5# _ _ _ _ _ _  all good
mechanics have in their tool box.)

>Is there anything I can do to fix this?  Should I be worried?

no

Jim Rohn
Beater Racing