Tire Changes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Changes
From: Ajstratton@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:09:35 EDT
Ya really gotta NEED to change a tire with one of those jobbies!!
I remember a long time ago, (like when I had hair and didn't HAVE to call
anyone sir...)  spending a weekend paying back some favors for a sponsor. It
was a two day FF/IT Enduro weekend at Pueblo, CO.  The machine works great
for those nice soft flexible FF slicks,  But when it came to street tires on
narrow wheels, life was really rough.  Bet I mounted 100 tires that weekend.
And that was before the modern "R" tires!!  Some of the newer tires can be a
pain with shop mounting equipment.  With those memories still there,  I smile
as I pay the man to mount my tires in the July heat, and have plenty of
spares.   But, If you absolutely insist on doing it yourself the Coates
machine is the tool.