Re: tire changers

To: cmburns@gte.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire changers
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:15:33 EDT
Too hard core "Cruster" I will have you know that TLS#1 ran good that weekend
even
though we finished last in CM. The car is working well and being a second +
back of
three guys who were 2nd,5th and 8th at last years Nats doesn't make me feel
bad about not getting a trophy! Especially for a two day event. Enough of
that though.
I bought the tire machine from Charlie Clark in KC. Its called a "Coats Tire
man"
I have modified it to be able to change FF S2 and the "Lotus from HELL" tires
It had an air cylinder on the bottom to break the bead. I removed that and
just
flip the tire to do it with a hand breaker. It works fine. I had to make a
number of spacers to allow it to work with all our tires and wheel widths. I
paid $250.00
for it. I carry it to all the events. We just unbolt it from the front of the
trailer and
rebollt it to a special mount in the center. It really takes two people to do
it but its cheap. There is a trick to using one of these "Hand jobs" as I've
heard them called.
It takes some muscle and sweat, and a few choice words don't hurt either.
If you can find one for under $300.00 with all the bars and hand breaker, I
would jump on it. Rob PickerHELL might have a Line on something like this!

Mike B. TLS#1

Become a TLS member and use the tire machine for free at the NATS. You "Jack
em Baby"