Re: STU Displacement Limit - Another Idea

To: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: STU Displacement Limit - Another Idea
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:02:24 -0700
Jeff Lloyd wrote:

> This would allow the Grand Prix, Regal etc (they _are_ pushrod motors,
> right?)
> but keep out the more expensive/rare Porches, Supras, etc.
>
> Many Porsche Motors ARE pushrod motors
> and not excluded (I thought)

        Except by the "front engined" wording that Dennis has proposed. 911s
and 914s, while pushrod motors, are not front engined. And I don't think
that any of the P-car water-pumpers are pushrod driven. Sure, no matter
what happens, I think that some cars need to be excluded from
STU/SST/whatever or they will become a hands down overdog and it'll
evolve into an "A-Prepared/E-Modified for the street" class. Eh,
whatever. I don't really have a dog in this fight, but one thing's for
sure, it really seems to be evolving into a
"forced-aspirated-sedan-modified-for-the-street" car class.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/