Re: drag racin' fun (some additional thoughts)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: drag racin' fun (some additional thoughts)
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 05:44:49 -0500
One could mount any red light on his vehicle, even battery powered,
for a rear light. A flashlight with a red lens duct taped to the trunk
(you ARE a TLS member, right, Don?) - - -???

The hose covering sold at any accessory store would make the fuel
lines look like they were reinforced teflon, much like aviation hoses.

A window net would take care of the window issue. Works for hot laps
at the local road circuit, too. I believe that with a net, you don't
require
an arm restraint in the NHRA (could be wrong on that one) .

Battery issues?? You are on your own.

(Ever see a solid-mounted engined, stiffly suspended 200+hp 4 cyl
Fiero do a 4000RPM launch at the strip ?? Awesome - sub 2 sec
60' times!! The V8's start to catch up after an 1/8th mile when we hit
3rd gear)